Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On the poor farm...........

This is one of the first flowers of Spring here on the farm. The poor farm as Emmalee calls it! Hop made a comment one day when we were at Katie's about going home to the poor farm and Emma must have like the way it sounded. She tells people that Hop and Nana live down on the poor farm. She might be right!

I strongly suspect Hop of intentional saying things around her so she will repeat them. One of these days, it may backfire on him!




This is the rhubarb that was just poking its head out of the ground just a month ago. This picture
is actually about a week old now and the plants are twice this size. My favorite way of preparing is just boil with a little water, sugar and a small amount of strawberry jello. This makes the best topping for ice cream, cottage cheese, or whatever you want. I try to keep a container in the frig but it never lasts long. I also have a great rhubarb snack cake. This year, we are going to try freezing some to have in the winter.



I have been taking a class for several weeks learning how to use my digital camera with all the extra settings and also using Photoshop. It is not going well! How something that looks so simple can be so difficult is beyond me! Thank goodness for the automatic settings on my camera - I may be using just those! One thing I have learned is to never trust a photograph. Photoshop lets you do all kinds of strange and interesting things to your photos. Hopefully, I will have some interesting things to share here!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you posted again...lovely pictures! Good luck with photography/ Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that I'm there to hear it when it does backfire on Dad. :)

    Any pics of the peas? The kids would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I understand today is your anniversary. Happy Anniversary to both of you. I have very fond memories of you, your kids, and your household as a young kid. May you have many, many more years.
    Lorri

    ReplyDelete