We had our very first snowfall on Sunday here on the farm. The way it was coming down, I felt sure we were going to be snowed in! By noon, however, the sun was out and all the snow was gone except in places where there was shade.
I have to share these pictures of my Calendula. These stalwart little bloomers are some of the first to show color in the Spring and the last to fade away in the winter. Covered with snow, their little faces shown brightly with that vibrant orange that I love. Even today they still haven't faded.
Calendula is an annual that will reseed itself intensley. They grow most anywhere, sun or shade and can sure brighten the corners of your yard.
Think about them next Spring when you are looking for bright oranges and yellows to add a splash of color. Come see me and I will give you baby plants!
I'd be glad to take some baby plants off your hands!
ReplyDelete