Sunday, March 22, 2009


I took a walk around the yard last Friday looking for signs of Spring. They are everywhere! Saturday Ryan, Emmalee and Katie were here to help with clean -up and to do a little planting. Since I am recovering from knee surgery, I was in a supervisory position but my helpers were eager and did a great job. We planted some peas and they will be excited to see them come up.

Rhubarb just coming up.

Crocus showing their faces to the sun!
Flowering quince getting ready to pop!
Tiny daffodils emerging from the leaves.

Last Sunday we heard Jay speak about the parable of the mustard seed and how small the seed is compared to how large a plant it gets to be. I love how the seed of the gospel can be so small and doesn't have to be planted in perfect ground but yet can grow so large. We have seen the growth in so many lives around us.

Our little granddaughter Emmalee has planted some rocks and is waiting patiently for something to grow. Now that is a spiritual lesson! There is no life in a rock Emma! I feel like I have been planting rocks in my life. Thank heaven for the blessing in a little child.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment