Monday, February 16, 2009

Top Ten Reasons to Garden!

Looking out the kitchen window this morning, I saw a flock of robins in the neighbors orchard! Can Spring be far behind? I am getting a full blown case of cabin fever! Saturday was so nice, I wanted to go out and start cleaning up my flower beds. Fortunately the bum knee wouldn't allow that. Cleaning up beds now would just expose all those tender little plants bravely sticking their heads up to the elements. And Nature can be so fickle! We can get 2-3 days of warm weather then boom - Snow! I just have to tell myself to be patient - go work on all those winter projects that were planned and not finished.......


Ten reasons to garden - I love this list found on a garden stake.

1. Dirt Therapy.
2. Grow Your Own Weeds!
3. Good Return of Your Investment.
4. Free Aroma Therapy.
5. Listen to God's Symphony.
6. No Effort Tanning.
7. Weed Pulling Workout.
8. Pick Your Own Lunc.
9. View the Master's Works of Nature.
10. Cheaper Than a Spa Day!


Photos from my garden!

2 comments:

  1. I love your list! It always feel so good to be so sore you can't move after gardening...because you know that you accomplished something...that there will be a payoff someday for all of that hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are beautiful! I am proud to say that I have FINALLY replace my dead Summer (yup, they were from way back then :P)plants with some primrose and ranunculus!!! :) Now, I just have to remember to water them!! :P

    ReplyDelete